The Holy Family Inspires our Families to Grow in Holiness
Overlapping the Year of St. Joseph (12/8/20 – 12/8/21) and in total harmony with it, Pope Francis has also declared this to be the Year of the Family (3/19/21 – 6/26/22). His purpose is for families to look to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph for sure inspiration. The Holy Family is a model for all to evangelize our families more fully, and to appreciate better the Sacrament of Matrimony as a foundation for the Family.
As declared in our Vision Statement, the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe Copatroness of the Unborn is a Pro-Family parish and our spirit is that of the Holy Family of Nazareth. Among our other family and youth ministries, we offer several times a year Life-Giving Love workshops for couples, as well as Natural Family Planning courses. We encourage all couples living together without being married in Church to contact us and prepare during this Holy Year to come out of sin and into grace through the Sacrament of Matrimony.
Conferences on The Joy of Love by Pope Francis
During the Year of the Family we will also be presenting a monthly series of seven conferences (by Zoom when not allowed in person) on the Pope’s Apostolic Exhortation Amoris Laetitia, The Joy of Love, from April through October.
Schedule of Conferences
English: Seven Mondays in 2021
- April 19: Family in the Bible
- May 24: Family Challenges and Looking to Jesus
- June 14: Love in Marriage
- July 12: Love Made Fruitful
- August 9: Pastoral Perspectives on the Family
- September 13: The Education of Children
- October 11: Spirituality Accompanying Weakness
Following these seven conferences, from November through June 2022, interested families may meet monthly to pray The Holy Spouses Rosary in family.
Español: Siete miércoles en 2021
- 21 de abril: Familia en la Biblia
- 19 de mayo: Retos familiares y mirando a Jesús
- 16 de junio: El amor en el Matrimonio
- 7 de julio: El amor hecho fecundo
- 11 de agosto: Perspectivas pastorales para la familia
- 8 de septiembre: La educación de los niños
- 13 de octubre: La espiritualidad acompaña debilidad
Después de estas siete conferencias, desde noviembre hasta junio de 2022, las familias interesadas pueden reunirse mensualmente para rezar el Rosario de los Santos Esposos en familia.